Home , All About Me

Friday, August 2, 2019

The Thought of the Day.

As I sat down finally able to write a blog from the busy past few days and weeks, I struggled whether or not to post this, this blog post isn't going to be like my last, it's a bit more personal I want to share a thought with you one that I find myself replaying through out my day and it may not be a easy one to swallow nor one we want to admit. Last week I had some friends over and we were painting on canvases being artsy playing music having a good time crafting together, I had just finished painting on my canvas and I looked down at my work and absolutely disliked the outcome the colors were to dark and didn't match the rest of the painting at all and I found myself adding water to the already painted colors to brighten them. I looked back down hoping I would be more pleased with the outcome but was even more dissatisfied, so I completely painted over it making the "mess" go away finally painting what I saw as a complete and "perfect" painting. I found myself doing this again this week on my driving, as well on the book I have been writing, telling myself I need to drive better as well as I could be writing better and comparing my work to other authors and as I set talking about how I hadn't been doing very well about writing in my book it hit me as I had went to go and hang up some laundry I was guilty of something I find myself doing all to much and I know I'm not the only one I had not only put myself down telling myself I wasn't doing a good enough job but, I had also begin to compare myself to someone else. This is something that I know I'm not the only one that does this, I hear my friends, family members and even strangers doing the same thing saying thank you to a complement but then saying that maybe it would be true if they were as skinny as her, or whether its something they've worked on like a painting and you keep telling them how good it looks but they find something to point out a small flaw making them doubt their work and making them say, "I could've done better." or "I don't like it, it doesn't look good like yours." I even hear this within our church people comparing themselves to someone else and putting themselves down for something they did great on. How many times can we honestly say we do this is? Is it once a day, is it a day out of the week, or do we do it so much we don't even realize. If we constantly put ourselves down and  telling ourselves were not good enough and we should've done something different, were letting negativity abide in us we can't grow and flourish if were not patting ourselves on the back every now and then saying were doing a good job, if we don't look at ourselves in the mirror and tell our reflection "Dang girl you look good today!" were never going to grow and have positivity and only think negative about ourselves and eventually that will spill out of you and touch everything around you making your world grey and draining the vibrant colors from around you. As I was thinking about this a thought came to my mind and I like to think that it was God's way of showing me his input on my on going debate in my mind. When God created creation, He didn't look at it after He was finished and think to himself, "I should've made Pluto purple, and maybe a little bigger." No He didn't do that He knew exactly as he was forming Pluto that he wanted it to be a small planet, that He wanted it the exact color He had spoke, He wanted it to have the dents, edges, and the size He created and on the seventh day he didn't say "Oh I could've done better." No he saw it and he said it is very good. That jumped all over me, because as I sat and thought that thought in my head playing it over, and over, I begin to think, how many times have I tried to change me, the me that God created, how many times have I tried to change my shape, my edges, my dents, my scars how many times? How many times have I put myself down about my writing or my driving saying I could do better or maybe if I did it like Jane Austen I would be more pleased. How many times have I put myself down saying it wasn't good enough? My answer, a lot I have said, thought, and done these things more than I would like to admit. My only question I had as this ran through my head is this, if God created me, little ole me, and he made me in the image of Him the image of my heavenly Dad, the same God who created the planets who created Pluto one of my favorite planets, and He created me the same God and he looked at me with all love in his eyes and he looked at me Christian Almond and said, "Oh look at my daughter that I have created, she is good." Then why can't I look at myself, my driving, my writings, my everyday and say "It is good." If God can look at me this bundle of redheaded mess and say "She is good." then why can't I? All the things I compare, and put myself down for and consider a mess it doesn't matter none of it, you want to know why? Because why on earth would I want to compare myself and down myself if the creator Himself says I am good. Jesus says to you right now everyday that you wake up even the days you're comparing, you're putting yourself down and letting all that negativity flow through you, He is still telling you,you are good.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I don’t think you could have said it better. It is about time I stop looking at myself as flawed and start seeing the purpose God put in creating me.

    ReplyDelete