Home , All About Me

Friday, July 19, 2019

A Day In A Life Of Me

Time flies by once you get out of high school, it seems that you have all of these impossible decisions to make and you are completely clueless of what the answers to the decisions are and will be. As the time continues to fly by you find yourself in this awkward middle ground where your not a kid anymore but your also not an adult yet ether and you feel like your running around in the middle of maze trying to figure out where to turn next. For myself I am still stuck in the maze, though being graduated for a year now and being nineteen I am still trying to find my common ground and myself, even though I'm confident in who I am and who I am becoming, facing the milestones that come in life. Today I faced one of those milestones, today I went and got my permit. Now I know what your thinking, "This girl is nineteen and doesn't have her license, what is she doing?" I have never been the person who rushed things especially big events in life, and honestly I never really wanted to drive the thought of being behind the wheel always sends a surge of anxiety through me the what if keeping me from going and taking the test. I study for months and finally decided this week I would go and take the test to get my permit being a inexperienced driver I thought it best to start with a permit instead of hopping right in and driving off like a mad women, I though a permit was safer and better for me personally. We went Thursday morning and got to the dmv and it was packed out people were sitting outside lined up, so we decided to drive to another dmv about 30 minutes away, once we get there we walk in my nerves are skyrocketed, I take a seat readying myself for the test to only find out that I have to make an appointment their not allowing walk ins. I was honestly a little relieved thinking that I would have a little more time to get myself together and run back through my signs for the 100th time. We drove all the way back to the little town I live in called Albemarle, the crowed still lingering out the door we decide to stay and wait, I finally make it to the desk I lay out my papers to find out that I don't have everything I need. So I went back home empty handed, though most people would have been aggravated and upset I was the opposite I felt it as though it was not my time and not the day I needed to get my permit that I would keep my head up and try again another day. I just didn't think that day would be today, as my dad came home from work he set on the couch and nonchalantly asked me if I wanted to go and try again, I decided it was now or never second times the charm right? We walk in, I'm a nervous wreck I'm shaky my heart is pounding I'm pretty sure you can hear it across the room, I step up laying all my paper work down having it all in hand only to be told that I don't have the correct copy of my birth certificate. Once more we leave and we go down to the court house praying we can get in and out quickly so I can get my permit today, at this point I'm wondering if God is trying to say I'm to unsafe to drive and shouldn't get my permit. Surprisingly we get in and out in a jiffy and hurry back to the dmv to finally being handed the numbered ticket that would lead me to my destiny of the permit. I feel like time is moving at a slow pace, number, after number, is called out and then finally my number is called out flashing on the tv screen. I walk back to only forget my confirmation of address *mentally slaps myself.* I finally sit down and after feeling and signing everything out and taking my signs test, it is finally time to take the permit test. I go and sit across another poor soul who was probably completely composed and not shaking in their seat like me. I go through the questions and my heart stops as the screen goes black and I'm thinking "Oh no, I broke the computer." I mean if someone is going to do it,its going to be me. I read over the screen as it says I have passed and only got two answers wrong! I had to read it twice because I actually did not believe it, I needed to make sure it wasn't my eyes playing tricks and changing you passed to you did not pass. It set in after re reading it over again and I could've done a little dance of happiness in my seat but I contained myself. I felt proud and relieved all at once, I was relived it was over and done with and the doubt of not passing was behind me, but I was proud for doing it, for finally deciding it was time to face the small yet big to me milestone at hand. Though I need much practice driving I can now say I can drive to go get some Dairy Queen when I want some, as long as I don't hit the actual drive through.

2 comments: